Standard Physical Therapy and Chiropractic may not strengthen your back, hence why the pain continues to return
We see countless patients who have spent years receiving regular Physical Therapy and chiropractic treatments in the hope of finding a lasting solution to their condition.
The treatment techniques and the exercises prescribed may not address the fundamental underlying cause of chronic debilitating back pain.
There are two core elements to chronic back pain:
- Tight, restricted structures such as joints, muscles and connective tissue
- Weakened/ non-functioning postural muscles integral to the support of the back
The typical cycle for chronic back pain is as follows:
- Postural muscles weaken over a period of time rendering the person vulnerable to a back injury
- An innocuous action or movement sends the back into a painful spasm.
- Restriction during and after the spasm further weakens the muscles that support the back
- The painful back spasm typically eases on average after 1-3 days.
- Physical Therapy or Chiropractic sessions are sought out to ease the residual pain causing tension.
- Compensatory movement patterns follow as the back suffer now attempts to protect the back to prevent recurrent spasms.
- Any follow up Physical Therapy or Chiropractic continues to address the tight, restricted structures while may be overlooking the underlying cause of the back spasm.
We see thousands of chronic back pain patients each year who fall into the above category and are looking for an alternative approach to their condition.
The techniques carried out with standard treatments focus on the symptoms of chronic back pain, not the underlying cause. No amount of spine or joint manipulation, mobilization or soft tissue treatment will address weakened postural muscles and set in compensatory movement patterns.
The exercises prescribed in standard Physical Therapy and Chiropractic generally focus once again on the symptoms. No amount of stretching tight painful muscles, joint mobility work will ever strengthen weakened postural muscles. However, we must stress these types of treatments can be highly beneficial to certain patients.
Yet countless people come into our clinic confused and frustrated after spending countless hours stretching each day in an attempt to overcome their back pain and prevent further muscle spasms.
If the postural muscles that support the back were strong and functional then excess load would not be placed on the back muscles, completely avoiding painful tension to the back muscles, joints and connective tissue. This could potentially avoid pointless hours spent each week on muscle stretching and joint mobilization.
We have found weak postural muscles are one of the true underlying cause of lower back pain. Strengthening these muscles and restoring postural symmetry could be solution to ending your chronic back pain for good.
Back Solution across America has a proven record with acute and chronic back pain sufferers exceeding in excellence across the country. We have treated thousands of patients that range from Olympic athletes, professional athletes as well as everyday pain sufferers. Our rapid growth across the country will ensure a local clinic will be in your area soon to address you acute and chronic back pain.